The success of the Wisconsin Downtown Action Council is driven by the active involvement of its members. One of the best ways for members to get active is to volunteer to serve on a committee. The committees offer opportunities for members to use their diverse skills to further the mission of the WDAC.
Please review the committee descriptions below and contact a committee chair to see how you can get involved.
- Responsibilities: This committee is responsible for managing the communications from the organization to our members and other interested parties. This involves promoting events, distributing educational resources, and sharing information using our website, newsletters, and social media.
- Chair: Neil White, 608-210-6739, email@example.com
- Membership: Sue Bessert, Beth Weirick, Rachel Wezek
Conference & Training Committee
- Responsibilities: This committee is responsible for planning the annual Wisconsin Conference on Downtown Revitalization. The committee selects the host community and works with that community to make all conference arrangements. They are also responsible for identifying valuable session topics and bringing in dynamic speakers.
- Chair: Jennifer Stephany, 920-954-9112, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership: Beth Weirick, Amy Hansen
- Responsibilities: This committee is responsible for planning educational sessions, such as our famous Community Visits, and developing educational materials, such as our growing collection of Case Studies. They identify downtowns across the state (and beyond) that are accomplishing unique successes and help to share their stories with other communities.
- Chair: Anne Katz, 608-255-8316, email@example.com
- Membership: Bill Ryan, Michael Stumpf
- Responsibilities: This committee is responsible for managing and growing our organization’s membership. They are also always working to identify new ways that we can provide benefits to our members.
- Chair: Jeff Mirkes, 920-437-3423, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership: Tim Anderson, Sue Bessert, Anne Katz
Strategic Alliances Committee
- Responsibilities: This committee is responsible for developing partnerships with other statewide organizations to broaden the support and resources available to Wisconsin downtowns. To this end, this committee convenes an annual summit of the Strategic Partners to discuss key issues facing Wisconsin downtowns and identify collaborative projects that will address these issues. This committee coordinates with the Strategic Partners throughout the year to ensure successful implementation of these projects.
- Chair: Tim Anderson, 608-514-5402, email@example.com
- Membership: Sue Bessert, Bill Ryan