Kathy has served as the Executive Director of the Platteville Area Chamber of Commerce since 1994. A native of Platteville, she lived in both the Los Angeles and Chicago suburb areas for a number of years prior to moving back to Platteville. She grew up on a 4th generation family farm, graduated from Platteville High School and attended UW-Platteville. Prior to her career with the Chamber of Commerce, she had experience in the banking industry, co-founded a municipal engineering company and owned a retail business.
She currently serves on the Conference Committee of the WDAC board of directors.
Kathy is very involved in community organizations and serves on a number of boards:
- Platteville Area Industrial Development Corporation, Board Member since 1999
- Community Leadership Alliance, Board Member & Graduate of 2000 inaugural program
- Building Platteville, Inc. (A non-profit organization whose mission is to “Move Platteville forward in the areas of business development, education, recreation and quality of life”)
- Platteville Community Arboretum, Board Member and Charter Lifetime Member
- Platteville Community Fund, Charter Board member and past Secretary
- City of Platteville Tourism Commission, Ex-officio Board Member since inception in 1999
- Tri-State Tourism Council, Past President
- Grant County Tourism Council, President-Elect
- Platteville 4th of July Committee, Member since 1993
- Platteville Dairy Days, Inc., Parade Chair since 1995
- Platteville Quota Club, Member since 1992
- Platteville Kiwanis, Member since 1994
- Platteville Optimists, Member since 1994
- VFW Post #5274 Ladies Auxiliary, Lifetime Member
She served on the City’s Streetscape Committee which led to the renovation of Main Street in downtown Platteville in 2008. She worked on coordinating special events, hosted groundbreaking and ribbon cutting ceremonies, and kept businesses throughout the community updated as to the progress. She assisted with the fundraising of over $90,000 for the new historic street lights and holiday decorations for Main Street.
In 2009, Kathy was appointed to serve on the Governor’s Council for Tourism, a position she continues to hold.
Kathy has received a number of special awards and recognitions:
- Elk’s Distinguished Citizenship Award – 1999, presented by the Platteville Elks Lodge
- Platteville’s Hero Award – 2002, presented by the Platteville Area Chamber of Commerce in recognition of “exceptional leadership, consistent contributions, and commitment to enhance the Platteville community.”
- “Mission: Welcome Home” Supporter of the Year – 2005, presented by the Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs
- 12-week Dale Carnegie Course on Effective Communications and Human Relations – received the “Highest Achievement Award” – June 2007
- Received “Lifetime Commitment to the Region” award from the BEST organization (Building Economic Strength Together) – March 2008
- Received the “Volunteer of the Year” award from the American Breweriana Association, the international organization that established the National Brewery Museum in the Potosi Brewery complex – June 2009